Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
when i go to use the slider for my volume on my keyboard for my laptop it doesnt do anything, this is a 3 day old laptop with windows vista and when i do touch it, it stays on and subtracts and adds one volume at a time and its very annoying listening to that clicking
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
To get rid of the popup,go to Control Panel,Programs ,Uninstall a Program.Look for HP Quick Touch and remove it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Did this work?? I am having the same problem, and my computer is 5 days old... It's very annoying.. I have to minimize everything and work around the pop up
HP Recommended
It worked on mine. Just be sure you pick Quick Touch to uninstall_not QuickLaunch.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem with my hp dv-4... tried everything to fix it by uninstalling drivers, reinstalling them and finally restoring to factory setting... none of that worked for me.... HERE'S WHAT WORKED... shut down  your PC, unplug from AC adapter ... REMOVE THE BATTERY ... wait about 5 minutes... plug the laptop back to AC adapter (BATTERY STILL DISCONNECTED) ... start the laptop and test the slider again ... That should do it... this time the volume slider will no longer pop-up on it's own... test it by tapping on the Quick touch buttons.  Once you know it's working, shutdown the PC and replace the battery.... it should be working again... for how long, I do not know... I am on day 2 now with no problem since I tried this... good luck...

One final word... think again before buying another HP laptop / product ... I know I will.

HP Recommended

I'm having this same issue on an HDX-18.  With mine the volume pops up, moves itself up and down the scale, along with the bass and treble, and my wireless switches itself on and off.

I went to control panel to uninstall hp quick touch but it's not there, only the hp quick launch.  This is really annoying.

Dean

HP Recommended
I had the same problem there is nothing wrongh with the software send your machine back to hp they will replace the touch pad .
HP Recommended
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue. The volume control displays intermittantly without me touching anything. Is this the same issue you have experienced? I don't have HP quick touch to uninstall.
HP Recommended

I sent my laptop back to HP, but they could not re-create the problem.... basicallly when you send the laptop to them they want you to remove the battery... which for me made the problem go away... see my earlier post.

I have not had the problem so far... good luck with your laptop!

btw, to those returning their laptop, be ready to be dismayed... I had to return mine twice already for the same problem and for two new problems they created afterwards... i.e., after replacing the LCD screen with a bad one, they also broke the webcam and microphone.  In doing all these, my laptop came back with so many scratches all around.  I've given up on HP and being quite vocal with anyone who'd listen not to buy HP products !!!  SORRY HP BUT I SPEAK THE TRUTH AND I HAVE BAD EXPERIENCES WITH YOUR PRODUCTS TO PROVE IT !!!!

HP Recommended
Same issue on a brand new DV7-3080us. The OSD for volume randomly pops up and the volume bar goes up and down. I set it down on the table thinking maybe I was dragging my hands on a touch pad or something. It still popped up and moved randomly as I watched from accross the room. Looks like it has been going on since the DV4 model at the very lease. You would think this would have be fixed in design by now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.