Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

i have tryed to play videos on facebook and youtube all i get is the sound  and a green screen  ihave down loaded amd updates  this worked for a while  but it has turned back to the green screen  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try disabling "Hardware Acceleration".

Right-click on the video you're trying to play, go to Settings, and uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Try disabling "Hardware Acceleration".

Right-click on the video you're trying to play, go to Settings, and uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with my videos from gmail, youtube, etc

HP Recommended

As suggested in my previous post. Try disabling "Hardware Acceleration".

HP Recommended

right clicking does not display any "settings" or "disable hardware acceleration". Any other suggestions? This is a windows 8.1 operating system on an HP all-in-one PC.

HP Recommended

I am using Win 8.1 also.

I would check that you are using the newest version of Adobe Flash Player.

**Uncheck the box to install McAfee Security Scan Plus.

Then place your mouse pointer in the videos playback window and right click; you should then see a menu that has "Settings" on it. Chose 'settings' then 'Disable Hardware Acceleration'.

HP Recommended

I am using the latest Flash player. I have Macafee already preloaded. Where are you seeing "uncheck the box to install..."

I continue to right click on the screen, but it is not giving me a Settings option. Just a lot of other menu items including "other options". Exploring that srill gives me no option to disable hardware. I'm dazed and confused!

HP Recommended

OK, I must assume that you are using Internet Explorer and an HTML5 player. That's why you don't see the same menu. The "green screen" is a known issue and Adobe says that when it happens in Flash it is almost certainly a hardware acceleration issue.

If you are using IE and an HTML5 player I suggest you try a different browser, like Firefox or Chrome.

If the green screen issues continue in the Firefox browser then you can try disabling hardware acceleration as described in my previous post.

Obviously, this isn't a fix, just a workaround.

HP Recommended

I switched to Firefox. There is no menu for disabling hardware acceleration when right clicking in the green screen. Still @ square one!

HP Recommended

OK, you must still be using the HTML5 player.

Switch to the Flash Player.

• Choose Firefox > Tools > Add-ons.

Open the Add-ons dialog box.
  • Select Plugins.

• In the list of Add-ons, look for Shockwave Flash (another name for Flash Player) and check the status that appears to the right of the plug-in name.

Shockwave Flash is disabled.
  • Select Always Activate.

Enable the plug-in.
  • Close the dialog box.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.