Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is no listing for shockwave or flashdrive. When I try to download it Macafee blocks it.

HP Recommended

You should be able to temporarily disable McAfee so you can install Adobe Shockwave Player.

Here are instructions, but they might differ somewhat from your version.

Step 1

Double-click the "McAfee" icon in the system tray to open the McAfee control panel.

Step 2

Click the "Navigation" link in the top-right corner of the McAfee window to view the Navigation Center.

Step 3

Click the "Real-Time Scanning " link to view the antivirus options.

Step 4

Click the "Turn off" button to open the Turn Off window.

Step 5

Select an option in the "When Do You Want to Resume Real-Time Scanning" drop-down box. You can select to resume in 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes, or resume when you restart your computer. If you select "Never," the virus protection feature will not work until you enable it manually.

Step 6

Click the "Turn Off" button to turn off the protection. The "Your Computer Is At Risk" warning is immediately displayed, indicating that virus protection is not enabled.

Step 7

Click the "Done" button and close the McAfee control panel.

Then download & install Adobe ShockWave Player

HP Recommended

OK; this from todays paper:: "Flash is dead, proclaims Guardian.com. Two killer blows to Adobe's multimedia browser plug-in were delivered last week. Users of Flash were left open to two 'zero-day' security holes, affecting  the big 3 browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. Hackers were able to abuse these flaws to dump maleware on Windows PC's. "

"The nail in the coffin was YouTube-the biggest provider of Flash video- announcing it would not use Flash to serve its videos to anyone using the site with a modern browser. HTML5 is now the default."

This may explain away the problems noted above.

HP Recommended

Yep, all that's very true. HTML5 is the new kid on the block but still a work in progress with some bugs.

Flash [and Java] have always been notorious for security issues, that's nothing new.

It very important to set Adobe to 'update automatically' and to update it immediately when prompted.

I've been using Flash/Shockwave for many years, still are, and have personally have never had any issues. *I don't have Java installed and don't use Adobes PDF reader.

So you can use Flash if you want to as I described in my previous post.

You'll notice that the other person in this thread with the 'Green Screen' problem marked it as 'Solved' by using Flash and disabling hardware acceleration.

HP Recommended

When I right click, it does not have ENABLE anything.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.