Question

Student
nbalegomaster
Message 1 of 3 (1,222 Views)

volume bar disappeared?

I did a system update on my computer and now when I hit the volume up or down button on my laptop's keyboard the visual sound bar meter no longer appears.  How can you bring this back up?  I have a hard time seeing what my sound volume level is at unless I open the volume mixer.

Grad Student
maxpower757
Message 2 of 3 (1,218 Views)

Re: volume bar disappeared?

I think it means that quick lauch buttons aren't loaded.

It's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe

Looks like a rocket ship in the taskbaar:

taskbar

Provost
erico
Message 3 of 3 (1,215 Views)

Re: volume bar disappeared?

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

nbalegomaster wrote:

I did a system update on my computer and now when I hit the volume up or down button on my laptop's keyboard the visual sound bar meter no longer appears.  How can you bring this back up?  I have a hard time seeing what my sound volume level is at unless I open the volume mixer.

Identify your notebook and we can provide the link to the quicktouch software. Look at my signature and identify your notebook with the product name as I did with all alphanumeric characters.

Kind regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation