09-20-2012 07:50 PM
hello expert, how r u? last week i tried for system restore and after complet procedure, sound icon doesn't work. i mean i can not change volume by that button. thank you.
if possible, kindly come online to make my notebook more easier.
09-20-2012 07:52 PM
Can you please provide your model name and product number?
Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
09-20-2012 07:54 PM
1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
For further information, visit the below mentioned link:
Try running System File Checker and see if it helps, here are the steps:
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
2. Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
3. In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
Here is an article that will give you information on SFC Scan:
If this does not help, then try performing clean boot to check if any third party services are causing this issue, here is the link:
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****