volume scroll touchpad does not work (4993 Views)
Student
lizzy2145
Message 1 of 18 (4,993 Views)

volume scroll touchpad does not work

I have a two month old HP pavillion DV6-2120TX laptop. The volume scroll touchpad above the keyboard has stopped working and does not respond to touch. Otherwise the sound functions okay. Has any one come across this problem ?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 18 (4,968 Views)

Re: volume scroll touchpad does not work

[ Edited ]

Update the Quicklaunch driver from here and check... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-78740-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

If it is does not work, can you get me a screenshot for the device manager with expanded... 'Human Interface Device' and 'Keyboards'

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
prplpnksunset
Message 3 of 18 (4,934 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem except I have the dv6-2155dx Entertainment Notebook.  On my laptop, the whole bar doesn't work. I have the bluetooth and the volume scroll bar on the same strip and they both won't work.  I've only had my laptop for about 3 weeks and it stopped working yesterday.  I hope there is a fix for this.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 18 (4,927 Views)

I would request you to try, my earlier stated solution and let me know...If it is does not work, i will need a screenshot for the device manager with expanded 'Human Interface Device' and 'Keyboards'...To understand what is going on....

Plus, it would be help, if i can get any info any events before the issue started...Like use of external keyboard, etc...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
prplpnksunset
Message 5 of 18 (4,724 Views)

I tried downloading the driver that you said.  But it's telling me to uninstall the old driver so I can put the new one one.  But I can't find the old driver.  Help Please?!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 18 (4,432 Views)

@prplpnksunset

Hi,

Find on the programs list HP Quick Launch Buttons and uninstall it.

Below links will show you how to uninstall any program in Windows 7:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
CombatRock72
Message 7 of 18 (4,345 Views)

Hi!

I had the same problem with my HP Notebook Pavilion DV6 Entertainment PC.  What I did to correct the issue is;

1. Power Down the PC

2. Remove the battery

3. Push and HOLD the power button for 30 seconds

4. Reinstall the battery

5. Power up the notebook

Give the computer the chance to start up normally then give the volume scroll bar a try.  The mute button and WI FI button should also work now.  

Hope this helps solve your issue!

Top Student
fal272
Message 8 of 18 (4,322 Views)

I have the same problem with my dv6 1350us. I did notice my volume scroll touchpad stopped working after I hooked it up to my docking station which also has a wirelees keyboard. Could this have created the problem?

Top Student
fal272
Message 9 of 18 (4,321 Views)

My volume scroll touchpad stopped working after I hooked it up to a docking station that also has a wireless keyboard. Could this have created the problem?

Top Student
fal272
Message 10 of 18 (4,318 Views)

Thanks for the advice. It worked. Kudos!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation