Question

Student
juls4788
Message 1 of 2 (1,632 Views)

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of external speakers and mic won't work

My microphone on my HP Pavilion dv2000 notebook isn't working and also when I put in headphones in the jack the sound still comes out of the external speakers. I went to my university computer help desk and they reinstalled the driver and it says under control panel that its working properly so i'm not sure what is going on. the volume is also all the way up so it has nothing to do with that. Also, the speakers work totally fine so when I play music it comes out fine so I'm not sure if there are some settings I don't have set correctly.
Honor Student
llzg
Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)

Re: when headphones plugged in sound comes out of external speakers and mic won't work

I have exactly the same problem. The microphone on my Pavilion dv2000 doesn't work since I've switched to Windows 7, and the laptop speakers continue to play even with headphones plugged in. The university tech people are baffled, as are the very expensive pc doctors I hired to fix this problem. HELP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation