Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

where do I turn on the microphone for my hp pavillion dv6.  Is the microphone built in? I have windows 7 64 bit

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes the microphone is built in to the laptop. I have attached a video that will walk you through the steps on how to get your microphone working.

Hope this helps!
Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks that was very helpful! I was always thinking the computer does not have any built in microphone at all.

HP Recommended

@happydad1970 wrote:

where do I turn on the microphone for my hp pavillion dv6.  Is the microphone built in? I have windows 8

HP Recommended
Did you see the video above? It tells you how to!
HP Recommended

The video still did not help me to turn on my microphone. I have windows 10. I hate to say it but I bought this computer shortly after starting a PhD program. No microphone and no camera for skype. The features seem to appear but they don't work. It's been a nightmare getting through not having those features work. 

HP Recommended

Still doesn't work 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.