Question

Honor Student
ra7borin
Message 1 of 8 (4,235 Views)

0xc000025 - Trying Recovery System via Recovery Manager: Windows failed to start.

Name: Pavilion dv4-2161nr

Prod. Number: WA691UA#ABA

Windows 7  64-bit

I splitted original Hard Disk Partition in three partitions.  I formatted those two not containing O.S.  Now I want to format the partition containing the O.S.

1)  If I choose "Recovery System", will it format all three partitions?  Or will it format the partition I choose to?

2)  I tryed "Recovery System", but it failed.  What can I do?

2.1)  I made Recovery DVDs when first used the PC.  It loads but it never runs.  It's like theres no AutoRun, and there's no ".exe" to execute when I open the first DVD Recovery via Windows Explorer.  What am I missing?

2.2)  I tryed Recovery System via Recovery Manager.  System shuts down and starts reiniciating but it gives the following message "Windows Boot Manger: Windows failed to start.  A recent hardware of software change might be the problem.  Status: 0xc000025.  The boot selection failed because a required device is inacessible".  What can I do?

Regards,

Rafael.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (4,220 Views)

Re: 0xc000025 - Trying Recovery System via Recovery Manager: Windows failed to start.

Honor Student
ra7borin
Message 3 of 8 (4,213 Views)

Re: 0xc000025 - Trying Recovery System via Recovery Manager: Windows failed to start.

Thank you very much, Mumbodog.

I know I could order Recovery Media.  I live in Brazil.  There's a little urgence and it takes long to those media to get there.

I stil hope someone will kindly help me out developing a process I can start homely.

Thanks again,

Rafael.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 8 (4,206 Views)

ra7borin wrote:

2)  I tryed "Recovery System", but it failed.  What can I do?

2.1)  I made Recovery DVDs when first used the PC.  It loads but it never runs.  It's like theres no AutoRun, and there's no ".exe" to execute when I open the first DVD Recovery via Windows Explorer.  What am I missing?

Regards,

Rafael.

Boot from the first recovery disc to start recovery, it is a bootable disc.

Yes recovery may have a minimized recovery option, from what I have heard it only writes toi the C drive.

Honor Student
ra7borin
Message 5 of 8 (4,198 Views)

Thanks once again, Mumbodog.

1) I booted from DVD. 

a)  I tryed Recovery System from disc and it failed: something about Image. 

b)  I tryed Recovery System from hard drive and it failed: black screen for 6 hours.

c)  I tryed Factory Reset.  "Reformatting the Windows partition of your had disk drive" began but it stopped at 23%.  I tryed it again and it stopped at 23%.

Any guess?  What can we do?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 8 (4,195 Views)

Test the hard drive then the memory modules, post back the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/...

Honor Student
ra7borin
Message 7 of 8 (4,180 Views)

I tested the Hard Drive and it passed 100% ok.

I tested the Memory and it passed 100% ok.

My PC runs a Win 7 Home Premium.

I've just run a Win 7 Ultimate CD Installation.  It formatted the System Partition, but I couldn't get Win 7 installed because when I filled in my Product Key it said the Product Key wasn't right.  Is it because Product Key for Win 7 Home Premium wouldn't work on a Win 7 Ultimate installation?

I hoped the Hard Drive would be ok after it had been formatted while I tryed Win 7 Ultimate installation.  So I tryed once again to boot with HP Recovery Disc.  It stopped at 23% once again.  Until 23% there are all noises that get me thinking PC is running ok.  When it get up to 23% all noises just stop.

Any ideias?

And thanks once again.

Rafael.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 8 of 8 (4,168 Views)

ra7borin wrote:

I tested the Hard Drive and it passed 100% ok.

I tested the Memory and it passed 100% ok.

My PC runs a Win 7 Home Premium.

Is it because Product Key for Win 7 Home Premium wouldn't work on a Win 7 Ultimate installation?

Any ideias?

And thanks once again.

Rafael.

Yes, the keys are specific to the version.

Only thing I can suggest is to use DBAN to nuke the disk, then use the recovery DVD's to attempt recovery install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation