Question

Student
Hingora
Message 1 of 2 (922 Views)

Accessing HP recovery partition

How can i access HP recovery partition, and how can i reinstall the software that was preinstalled in 4520s notebook

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (905 Views)

Re: Accessing HP recovery partition

Hi:

If your notebook has a recovery partition, reboot the PC and at the HP splash screen, press the F11 key to launch the recovery dialog. Follow the instructions presented.

I recommend you get a set of recovery disks from HP.  If you live in the USA or Canada, here is how to get a set for $10:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on the bottom of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 4520s, but the part number will be found on that whtie tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (4520s).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation