Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Bruce_T, unfortunately I give you another bad news.

My dealer give to me another PC HP Envy 15 to replace first choice that have problem described into my previous message.

The second notebook unfortunately had a faulty cable that created problems.

For this at my second pc replacement into only a  week, i ask another computer brands (every HP of this shop was from the same supplier between HP and shop vendor ...we have a little doubt about the entire stock of computer delivered).

The third PC have only problem with pre-installed driver (<,<)... now i think to have resolved also this problem.

When i buy the first HP of my first message, i have also joined the Cash Back HP promo (15% of cash back for every products HP purchased before 30 april).

My dealer (shop-vendor) says to me that he has started the report to stop the "15% cash back" promo for the Envy 15 J040el.

Now i think to be out of the hell.

HP Recommended

Had this problem this am also after hp support failed bios update. tried all the key combos i could find - windows key with B during powerup, f10 for 8 secs->f9 after 5 secs->enter...etc, hold power key while battery and power disconnected for 15 secs - all to no avail.

contacted hp support over chat. after trying the win/b method again they claimed it was a hardware failure and they would take my laptop in via fedex and add all their latest programs etc for free....not that i want those programs or have hp engineers digging through my personal laptop.

so they are sending the kit, but i thought id try downloading this 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-131796-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

and installing it to a flash drive on my wifes dell...she was nervous but dell has the bios locked so np. after installing to the flash drive named "HP_TOOLS" i put it into the usb drive, rebooted and thank god an hp bios update actually worked!

needless to say...i will be uninstalling hp support and will likely not do another bios update until its my backup machine.

hope this is useful to someone.

HP Recommended

After several attempts I got ressolver only removing the bios and recording externally.For the Win + B failed.

If someone needs more information so get in contact

[Edited for Personal Information]

HP Recommended
Same problem.

Hp envy 15 touch screen.
HP Recommended

I did the updates 'recommended' by HP (HP Assistant) and the BIOS update crashed my brand new $1000 computer. Had to send it in to HP for them to do whatever they did.  Windows 8 SUCKS, I've had nothing but problems with this machine.  Hours and hours on the phone with MS and a 'Top Level Tech Suport' guy said that Windows 8 was not good that he would have purchased Windows 7; no joke.  At least HP fixed the probelem for me free as it's still under warranty.  When the warranty runs out on this machine; I'm going to empty my 9mm into this peice of junk!  

If HP Assistant says there are updates for your computer, you would think that they would not [edited language]your computer up! 

HP Recommended
My laptop is in repair line now.

Next week I'll see what they did.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my 15t-j100 when I tried to upgrade my bios using the hp excecutable driver. I fixed it by removing the RTC battery for a while:

• unplug the power
  • take off the battery
  • remove the panel that covers the hard drive / ram
  • remove the RTC battery and wait at least 5 minutes
  • press and hold the power button for 30 seconds (leave the computer unplugged and without a battery)
  • put the RTC battery back in
  • replace the RTC battery, panel, main battery, and plug in the power cord
  • turn the computer on with the power button and repeatedly press F2 until you get to the diagnostics page

After this, my computer booted up with the updated bios and all was right with the world. Hope this helps other people too. 

FYI, after your bios is working correctly, you should be able to access it on boot by pressing F10. 

HP Recommended

I had received an automatic update of BIOS last night which i had accepted & applied after the restart process. My laptop became crashed.....

I have read & applied all the available soultion on this froum but still my problem is not solved.

How I can recover my original BIOS software when my PC has just black screen.... I have tried Win+B & relase the power button while connecting USB with the following software (18 MB) on the second page of this forum....

HP has given an udpate of BIOS (11 MB), when my laptop is not working how I can extract and follow the instructions after saving on the HDD.

Pls Help, its only a week to buy this laptop & I can't afford to ship the laptop from Pakistan to USA.

HP Recommended

Hello Affanjavaid...

Can you please confirm which laptop model you are using?

Also, can you please look at the keyboard LEDs during power up and let us know if a blink code is being shown?  that will help us determine if we can help you out.

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!
HP Recommended
Did you try removing the RTC battery and pressing the power button for 30 secs as described above?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.