Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My model is Envy 15t-j000 quad edition touch screen.

When i pressed the power button while holding win+B and release all at the same time, power button led light remain ON WIFI oragne light remains ON. In addition to this, two blinks appear on caps lock button, if i see on the left hand side HDD blink light (it becomes several times, i guess 5).

If you need to know more then pls, let me know ....

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

I guess, For removing RTC battery, I have to open laptop cover..... I didnt do this bcause I can not take risk on 1 week old lapto 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello AffanJavaid...

If you are using the j000 quad edition and you are seeing the 2 blink error, then you may be able to recover from it!

Instructions:

1. Get a USB Flash Drive (disk on key).
  2. On another system, download and execute the current BIOS SoftPAQ, choosing the option to create a BIOS recovery flash drive.
  3. Power off the failing system (if it's not off already).
  4. Connect the USB flash drive directly to one of the system's USB ports - no USB hub, port replicator, etc.
  5. Power on the system.
  6. The system will try to automatically recover from the recovery files on the attached storage device.  If this automatic recovery is successful, you should see a series of screens during which the recovery write and verify operations are displayed.  It should take a few minutes for this, please be patient!  You'll be prompted to reboot on completion.
  7. After rebooting, a message may be displayed that shows the system boot block being updated.  Upon completion of the boot block update, the system may reboot again.
  8. At the completion of a successful recovery, the system will reboot.  During the boot process, you should get a message indicating that a BIOS recovery has occurred.

If after 60 seconds you don't see the system reboot and display a BIOS recovery message and/or see any indication of a BIOS recovery (screens as described in steps 3 – 7 above), a manual recovery should be attempted:

1. Power off the failing system.
  2. Press or hold either the [[Windows][B]] keys, or all four arrow keys.
  3. Power on the system while continuing to press or hold the keys from step 2 above.
  4. Release the keys after 2 – 3 seconds.
  5. The system will try to manually recover from the attached recovery files as shown above.

If neither of these works, your system BIOS is damaged to the point where normal field recovery isn't possible.  At that point, you should contact HP Service & Support in your country to have the unit serviced.

Please respond back to this post and let us know if this procedure worked.

Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
    If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!
HP Recommended

When i have downloaded HPsoftpaq download manager, under the left hand pane i found the option of HP ENVY PRO Ultrabook and then when i pressed Find Available softpaq it gives me message, no sofpaq found.  

can you pls guide me at this stage.

HP Recommended

Hello AffanJavaid...

I'm not sure what the "download manager" is that you are referring to, but I found this BIOS SoftPAQ by going directly to the software downloads for the ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j000 Quad Edition.

I hope this helps!  Please reply back and let us know.

HP Recommended

Ahhhh, I see the SoftPAQ Download Manager now.  I don't believe your model is supported by it.

HP Recommended

Dear Bruce,

I have made flash drive as you guided and follow the instructions but unfournately my system still showing black screen.

However, I have checked again... on the caps lock it gives me two white led blinks when no flash drive inserted into laptop.

Intially, when i released Win+B buttons, flash drives reads for 1 to 3 seconds then it stops to read.

HP Recommended
Hello AffanJavaid...

Well, we may be making progress. A couple of more things:
1. make sure the flash drive is plugged directly into a USB port, and not into a hub or port replicator.
2. Try again with a different USB port.
3. Try again with a different flash drive.

If these don't work, I'm afraid that your system BIOS may have been corrupted beyond the ability to recover it in the field and will require service by HP.

Good luck, and let me know what happened...
HP Recommended

@benbah, I have followed your instructions regarding Removal of RTC battery & back In. Unfournately, it also didn't work.

@Bruce, I have observed that I received single blink on caps lock & then after a second or two again led blinks on Capslock (Does it consider as two blinks on Capslock) or Two blinks should be appear right after another with any delaying of seconds or two.

Appreciate your suggestions. Your replies will help me to take further course of actions.

Regards,
Affan Siddiqui

HP Recommended

Most of the time when Bios is corrupted , youl have to replace whole motherboard or Bios chip.

Its possible to write new bios in current chip , but that is preety difficult job.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.