HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-01-2012 10:44 PM
1) hp pavilion g6-1c58dx
2) Windows 7 (64)
3) Black screen (doesnt even turn on)
4) Upgrading Bios (f.44-f.46)
5) Bricked Bios.
I tried to upgrade my bios for this computer from f.44 to f.46. Now when i turn on my computer my screen stays black and all of the lights on my keyboard light up. After about 10 seconds my caps lock will blink twice shut off for about 5 sec then blink two more times.
I have tried a number of things
the main steps i have followed have been
1) unplug computer and take out battery.
2) plug in usb.
3)hold down power + start + b
4) plug in computer
5) release power
6) after flash drive starts flashing let go of windows +b
7) let sit for 15 min
in my platform.ini folder i found
so i have tried renaming my 3 bin files from 0169BF44.bin to 169b.bin .fv and .rom with no luck. I have also done same with 0169b.bin ..... I have also tried using old bios files in the same way with no luck.( did this with 1699, 1697, and 169b)
I found another post saying that you can use WINCRIS.EXE to make a bootable usb and renaming your bios. did not work for me.
I have also renamed my flash drive to HP_TOOLS. and have used multiple flash drives on multiple ports.
DOes anyone have any ideas? any help would make me happy. HP wants to charge me $130 just to have someone look at it and its still under warranty.
i will be willing to tip if i can get a solution (not sure if i can do that on these forums but....)
Need my compy before the 15! Finally going to come out with diablo 3 and i trash my compy! lol
05-02-2012 08:57 AM
could i at least get a verification that start + b is the proper way to get in the bios recovery mode? doesnt seem to do anything different. I never get any beeps and it acts the same no mater what i do.
i noticed on my flash drive it has 3 different modes.
1) it slowly brights up then goes dim- this seems to happen when its not being read
2) if i have only a few files on the flash (3 or so) it steady blinks.
3) if i have a lot of files on the drive it flashes really fast and inconsistent for about 5 seconds then it goes to the first mode the slowly brights up then goes dim
so assume its looking for some kind of file...... any advice or answers?