Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When I started up my laptop, I was greeted with the HP BIOS Update screen. The "writing new BIOS Image" and then "Verifying new BIOS Image" progress goes up to 100% but then i get the message "Flashed Bios Image failed".
I can't seem to find a way to fix this as I can't even get past this screen. I even tried the F11 method to do a restore but it still went straight to this page. I know I had an issue with my battery so I've even taken the battery out and tried just plugging in the power cord which also did not work.
Can someone please give me advice on what I can do to fix this? I'm not great at technology speak so please forgive me.

The details of my laptop are:

Product name: hp pavilion TS 11 notebook PC
Product number: E6Z93EA#ABU

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Follow the instructions in the document at the URL below. There are a couple of methods described that may work.

Had you ever updated the BIOS in the notebook with success before this happened?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Hello, thank you for the help with the link. I followed the steps to try and do the button configuration recovery but it didn't work. After the attempted recovery it still came up saying 'update failed'. I clicked on the 'continue startup' option but it just restarted my computer and went back to the BIOS update screen. Does this mean it may be the motherboard itself that has somehow corrupted? If so, how easy is it to replace? In answer to your question, yes it has updated fine before. I've only had the computer for about a year and in that time it has updated the BIOS once or twice without any issue.
HP Recommended

Your  post only mentions trying only one method. Try the other method.

If your notebook is still in warranty you can contact HP to arrange for service.

Check your warranty status Here.

Otherwise you will either have to pay to have the repair done by HP or a BIOS repair company.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.