Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I too had the same problem with bootmgr missing  F8 doesnt work etc..

i have windows 7 plus no instalation disk

i followed your advice with mini tool partition

created the cd and it works but i  have no clue what to due next.

i appreciate any help!

HP Recommended

@RICHR13 

The suggestion to use Mini Tool was after the original poster had changed his Active partition to D:\Recovery and it failed to boot. 

Have you also changed your Active partition from C: to 😧 ? If so boot with Mini Tool cd, select the C: partition and change it back to the  Active partition.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Hi
HP Recommended
Okay so I got the MiniTool to open now what? I'm not sure where to go from here? I'm not sure how this will enable me to boot without that error. Thank you so much for your help!
HP Recommended

@Rhosalina 

Highlight/select the Recovery partition and Mark it as Active. Save the changes then restart your machine- without the Mini cd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Darn - didnt work - back to the BOOTMGR is missing screen..

When I put the disk back in to see if I can try it again it put the recovery as 'none' again. so I changed it back to active, clicked apply, then clicked exit to reboot. I removed the cd. It immediately goes back to 'HP recovery manager' but wont do a recovery. Any ideas? THANKS!

**UPDATE** I just tried again. Same way as I described as above. Entered "HP Recovery Manager" screen then did a system restore through the HP Recovery Manger" screen and it worked! Funny though I just ordered yesterday the boot disks from HP for 30.00 and those wont be here until next week! So glad I got it fixed before then! Thanks for all your help!!!!!! Happy New Year!!

HP Recommended

I have this same issue with the missing bootmgr thing and I have read this whole thread and followed what everyone says but I cannot to save my life figure this stuff out. I have the MiniTool Partition Wizard i burned from the first page of the thread and when I open it I hve three things: Basic MBR, Unallocated, and (NTFS). The NTFS is Active. From there how do I get that recovery screen? If I hit Esc at startup all I see is System Recovery but it takes me back to missing bootmgr. Please help. I erased the partition myself (or did something to it) when I read on a thread how to do it. I was only intending to do a factory reset. At one point my laptop was changed from Vista to 7. Thank you.

HP Recommended

This whole thread is confusing and makes no sense. HP Pavillian G6 says "missing boot drive." So I make a flash drive formatted disc, and put what on it? From where is this file from? How many Mbs is it? I have no idea what a mini tool kit is or anything else. Alot of people are not computer savvy and don't have excess brain power to spend on trying to figure out a problem on a VERY expensive peice of junk just because it uses unfamiliar terminology and has crap hidden in virtual places. How do I fix my kid's computer right this second so he can finish his homework??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.