Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Somehow my computer is stuck in an attempting to repair loop and will not leave it, have even tried using my desktop Windows 7 disk to try a fresh install and still nothing. No system disks or instruction manual ere included in the box to offer any help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Computer is a HP 2000 model

HP Recommended

Hi,

Hold down the power button until the machine shuts down.

Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Note:  If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Can you also post back with the following details.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your HP 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
My computer is doing the same thing. It's also a 2000 series.
HP Recommended
My computer is giving failure Id
68BT3V-7A286P-MFPV7F-60RH03
HP Recommended
I've done both diagnostics and they are fine. It's still on attempting repairs
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.