Question

Honor Student
Arcady_ru
Message 1 of 7 (2,810 Views)

EliteBook 8560w encrypted disk - boot error "mcafee Fatal Error 0xEE020006 Getting Disk info"

I have this notebook, p/n XX058AV. The hard drive is encrypted by HP Protect Tools (Drive Encryption, powered by McAfee). A few days ago the notebook stopped at boot with the text "mcafee endpoint encryption Fatal Error 0xEE020006 Getting Disk info" on black screen. What I should make to boot a notebook or to decrypt HDD? I have backed up the encrypting keys.

McAfee offers disk decryption by boot CD (McAfee EETech), but the "Code of day" from McAfee there is required, but I don't have this code. McAfee support told me that this code shall be provided to me by the HP company.

Please help me, I need data from HDD.

--

WBR,

Arcady

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 2 of 7 (2,789 Views)

Re: EliteBook 8560w encrypted disk - boot error "mcafee Fatal Error 0xEE020006 Getting Disk inf

Hello and thanks for joining the HP forums.  Please take a look at these two links and see if you can resolve your issue using the solution from either of them:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/193700

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33598040/Knowledge-Base-McAfee-Endpoint-Encryption-Unlocking-an-Encrypted-...

If neither of these links helps you to resolve your issue, please contact McAfee support for resolution.  The available methods for contacting them can be found here:

https://techmaster.mcafee.com/services?channelid=PSS

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Honor Student
Arcady_ru
Message 3 of 7 (2,779 Views)

Re: EliteBook 8560w encrypted disk - boot error "mcafee Fatal Error 0xEE020006 Getting Disk inf

I made bootable CD, but it also wants "Code of the day" from McAfee, but I don't have this code. McAfee support told me that this code shall be provided to me by the HP because the McAfee Enterprise Encryption (HP Protect Tools Drive Encryption) is bought as a part of a notebook from HP.

Russian HP support couldn't help me anything :smileysad:

--

WBR,

Arcady

Honor Student
Arcady_ru
Message 4 of 7 (2,733 Views)

Hello,

I found recovery disk from HP, but It dated 2008. Is this disk helps me to recover my data ?

--------

HP Drive Encryption Recovery CD softpaq.

sp41354.exe

--------

--

WBR,

Arcady_RU

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 5 of 7 (2,728 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can try this file; however from what I have learned about that file there is no gaurantee you will be successful.  It appears that some people have been successful using it while others have not.  Even if you are you should be aware that there is still the possibility that you will lose the data on your drive in the process.  Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Honor Student
Arcady_ru
Message 6 of 7 (2,725 Views)

TU for your answer,

I'll try this way. I'll write back here after receiving some results.

--

WBR,

Arcady_RU

Student
smaerz
Message 7 of 7 (2,574 Views)

Can someone send me SP41354 or tell me where to get it? The places I have found it takes me to an ftp site that requires a user and email address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation