Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Error 0303 Hard disk 1 quick , what is this mean?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 303 error is a failure of the Short Disk Self Test would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Model number: Presario CQ60-212TU

Product: Presario CQ60

S/N: {Private Information Removed}

P/N: NL112PA#ABG

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with error message 0303.

My info.:

Model No.:  G42-230US

Product No.:   XB056UA#ABA

HP Recommended
I have just encountered the same error 0303

Info:

Product: VU744AV
Model: G60t-600

But I'd like to possibly recover the information if possible.

Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi, I would also like a guide on replacing the hard drive.

Model:  HP G60 Notebook PC

Product Number:  NW147UAR#AB

HP Recommended
Hello my name is Denise and I would love if you could possibly sent me a guide on how to replace my hard drive, I have also encountered the error 303 for my hard drive.
Model: dv5-2134nr
Product: XH013UA#ABA

Thank you.
HP Recommended

well replacing hdd may not help in this case! I started tread about it http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-G62-a20SA-hard-disk-error/m-p/3005965#M107895 still have not found solution... i'm using new hdd for few months now and every time i start computer it bugs me...

edit: it will ofcourse prevent data loss but may not help in getting rid of error message

HP Recommended
I have run Disk Sanitizer on my laptop and suddenly the screen goes like non-system disk or disk error,what should i do?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.