Error 0xe0ef00e When reinstalling windows from DVD (558 Views)
Tutor
chrystal97
Message 1 of 6 (558 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error 0xe0ef00e When reinstalling windows from DVD

DV4 2155dx Windows 7

Bought a new hard drive and tried instaling the OS with the recovery discs i made when first purchased the computer. I am getting the 0xe0ef00e error when trying to boot from DVD. Fist time it gave the error on disc 2 and on my second attempt, i got the error on disc three. There are 4 discs total. When this didn't work i tried using an enclosure and booting from my fully functional hard drive that was working fine. This didn't work. It said it installed the recovery partition and was going to restart and install the drivers etc. It had to first rebot before instaling the drivers. When it tried to start, it gave me an Unable to start error. It tried to "fix" itself, but just went into a circle. I can't think of how to get this OS on the new dvd. I've tried making a new set of recover disc, but come to find out, you can only make one set. What is the error caused by, and is there a way to get this OS on the new drive?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 6 (536 Views)

Re: Error 0xe0ef00e When reinstalling windows from DVD

You might want to contact HP Support at this link, and see if they will send you a new set of Recovery Restore disks for your system. It sounds like your recovery discs may have some corrupt data on them and that is preventing you from installing the OS correctly. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
gavinann
Message 3 of 6 (490 Views)

I'm having this same exact problem. I get this error message when I try the system recovery. My hard drive crashed and I bought a new one. I made my own recovery disks and when i insert the first one at the recoery page I get this same error message: error 0xe0ef000e.

I went on HP's website to order new disks and they are not available. Now what? This computer is only 2 years old.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 6 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gavinann,

I understand you are receiving a 0xe0ef00e error when using the recovery disks created from the system.

What is the product number?

Note: Do NOT provide the serial number.

Have you contacted HP directly to see if they might be available another way?  If it is only two years old, I would suspect the factory recovery disks are still available.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
chrystal97
Message 5 of 6 (460 Views)

When you went to hp's website did you find the model for your computer? Ordering recovery discs is done by first finding your model and system and then selecting the software and driver tab. Scroll down to order recovery media. If you did this and didn't find the recovery disc, then you should call HP and see if they can order them.

Make sure you know the model and system before you order the discs.

New recovery discs fixed my laptop. I had no more errors when using the discs i ordered from HP. 

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 6 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you chrystal97 for updating the community with your solution.  :smileyhappy:

This document should help with identifying the various methods of obtaining the recovery disks.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation