Question

Honor Student
riteshshahare
Message 1 of 4 (2,627 Views)

Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting after system recovery failed

Hi I am using HP G62-372US Windows 7 64-bit, I have performed the systme recovery to fix the issues in my notebook.

1. At startup Pressed F11

2. Selected the system recovery option

3. Selected the Backup files option

4. At last stage of system recovery i received some error like "recovery error code: 0xe0ef0003 "

After restrting the notebook receiving the error "Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart "

Please sugget the solution to fix the above error

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (2,616 Views)

Re: Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting after system recovery fail

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I would suggest trying the following procedure - this should tell you whether there is a physical ( ie Hardware ) problem with the notebook or if the issue is with the Recovery procedure.

If you have ( or can borrow ) a retail Windows 7 installation disc that is exactly the same version as your original OEM installation - ie as your notebook came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit this is the exact retail version you would need.

If you don't have access to a retail disc, you can create an installation disc yourself on another PC - just download the correct Disc Image from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.

Windows-7 sp1-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the underside of your notebook when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Any additional drivers you may need can be found Here.

Does this install Ok?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
riteshshahare
Message 3 of 4 (2,591 Views)

Re: Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting after system recovery fail

Thanks and appreciate the solution help provided.

I will be starting downloading the exact ISO file from the link provided. Can I write that downloaded file on the CD with any application?? (you have suggested "ImgBurn")

Regards

Ritesh

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 4 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

A couple of points:

1.  Given the size of the file, you will need a blank DVD.

2.  You can use any application that is capable of writing a disc image ( .ISO ).  An ISO file has to be created in a particular way which is different from the usual way files are burned to a disc.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation