Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and tried to use the recovery discs I made to restore the recovery partition.  However, after following all on screen instructions I get the following error: Recovery Manager could not restore your computer using the factory image.  Please contact HP support.  Error code: 0xe0ef0003

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-1375dx p/n: vm220ua#aba Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have tried using a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and it installs just fine... but I would like to have my computer back to original factory settings.  I was wondering if I should order a new set of recovery discs, would help.  I have not made any hardware changes.  I noticed after researching the error code here in the forum, that this is a known issue and I was wondering if HP plans to put out a fix to correct the error or what will be done for the consumer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I believe that the 3rd disc is corrupted so if you call HP Techincal support and let them know about the same maybe they can ship you the disc for Free.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it either you can call HP Technical support to order the disc or click on the weblink given below to place the order online.

Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Your response does not tell me weather or not the issue will be resolved, if I did order a new set of recovery discs.  It doesn't even answer how HP plans to address this known issue.  Apparently if I'm able to install a retail copy of the OS than there is no hardware issue, specially since I ran the diagnostics and both passed with flying colours.:smileymad: 

HP Recommended

Hi

May i get to know on which DVD or CD have you created a Recovery image on. This happen if the disc are not burnt correctly. Hence ordering the Disc should fix your issue on your unit as all the test has passed.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
This error occurs with the 3rd disc when it reaches 82% percent. Its weird because I can install a retail copy of the OS and all functions just fine.
HP Recommended

Hi

I believe that the 3rd disc is corrupted so if you call HP Techincal support and let them know about the same maybe they can ship you the disc for Free.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
I tried calling them, and they were less than helpful. It is as if they become allergic to out of warranty systems. I'd asked if they could send a new set of recovery discs as a one time courtesy, but as I mentioned they were not helpful at all.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Model CQ2014.  Attempted to restore the system with the restore disk I made when I first set up the computer but it would get to 70% done with six minutes left and I would get the same error code 0xe0ef0003.  Thought that the disk might be corrupt so I ordered a set of recovery disk from HP.  When I attempted to restore using the new disk it would stop at exactly the same point as when I used the recovery disk I had made, with the same error code.  If so many customers are having the same problem when doing the sytem restore then it must be a HP software problem.  Its funny how the first thing that you hear from HP tech support is to order new recovery disk from them. I am sure that this little problem is making them lots of money.  I wish someone from HP would come up with a real solution to this problem a lot of customers are having.

HP Recommended

I am pleased to say that ordering a new set of recovery discs actually did do the trick for me.  While HP Phone/Chat support was not available, I was able to successfully recover my laptop to factory settings using the new discs.  The cheapest shipping method with them is through the US Postal Service, and though the waiting period is 5 to 7 business days it usually arrives in less time than than depending where in the US you are located.  I strongly suggest you reorder the recovery media, if indeed you'd like to recover the computer back to factory settings with no further error messages.  

HP Recommended
They sent me a pack of 7 disks 3 of then being supplemental disks two don't work but after install an old desk top theme shows up the same as my old 4 year old Slimline then it goes into installing software and FAILS WITH A RED SCREEN so much for the recovery disks.
I have now installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.