Question

Honor Student
Campus-Crusador
Message 1 of 6 (552 Views)

Factory Reset on my Pavilion G7

Hi,

When I recieved my laptop as a gift, the person that set the laptop up set up an administrative account as well as a secondary accont for myself. Seeing as the administratrative account was rather pointless, I proceeded to delete it and was in the process of making the secondary account into the administrative account when lo and behold, I couldn't change it because I had already deleted the administrative account. Since this is the case, I cannot download anything, update anything, or change any of my computer settings due to not having an administrative account. This also means that I cannot change my secondary account into an administrative account because the settings are all funky and cannot be changed! Can anyone help me?! Also, this means I cannot do a previous date reset because it requires an admin password.

Thanks a million to whomever can help me!

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (546 Views)

Re: Factory Reset on my Pavilion G7

[ Edited ]

Windows 8 Recovery:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01867418&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Campus-Crusador
Message 3 of 6 (525 Views)

hi, 

It will not let me make any recovery advancements because it requires an admin login to make any changes. I've tried making a "master" admin by going into the programming like someone else mentioned to try, but that as well failed. I really do not know what to do. I just want to factory reset my settings entirely because I cant recover it to a previous date without an admin password. 

Thanks 

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

Did you follow the steps in the instructions under section "Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly". I know it does start-but this is the process you need to follow to reset to factory.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Campus-Crusador
Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

hi again(:

I've followed all the steps toward attempting to reset my laptop and it will not allow me to make the changes to it because of the lack of having an administrative account.Everytime I attempt to make changes an administrative prompt pops up and I can't work around it. I really wish there was just a reset button under the battery or something. That would make life so much easier. Maybe you could just tell me a store where I could take my computer to be serviced? It's so difficult to explain the problem over type, but in person I know exactly how to describe it. Thank you for your help! 

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (498 Views)

Phone HP to order Recovery Disks which can be used to boot fom and wipe the hard drive to reinstall fresh. Get your local number here>  Contact HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation