Question

Student
JessieP
Message 1 of 4 (795 Views)

Fingerprint scanner won't recognize me!

Hello,

I have a Pavilion dm4, Windows 7 Home.  I've been using it without the fingerprint scanner but just had it set up this week.  This morning I turned it on and couldn't login.  I thought it was because I just washed the dishes and my fingers were moist.  But after two hours it still didn't work.

Last night the computer froze on me and when I did ctrl+alt+del I turned off the SimplePass.  Afterward, I just shutdown the computer for the night.  Now I can't login at all, because I didn't setup a password.  I only had the fingerprint without a password reset disk.  I don't have my photos and files backed up and I want to avoid recovering the laptop to its factory setting.  

Do you have any suggestions???  

Thank you!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 4 (607 Views)

Re: Fingerprint scanner won't recognize me!

Hello willg8rr,

I assume you have the same issue as the previous poster?  Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps resolve your issue.  If you have to recover, here is information on how to backup and recover.

If you reply, please let me know your product number and operating system, and if the above documents helped resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
annfalk
Message 3 of 4 (500 Views)

My 11 month old Pavilion dv7 notebook won't read my fingerprint.  I don't think i used a password and I can't get into my computer.  I'm not a techie so don't give me instructions to hard.  I have windows 8

thanks

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (483 Views)

Hi Annfalk,

I read your post about your Fingerprint Reader on your Pavilion dv7 Notebook.

This document should give you some helpful information.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03718240&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation