Re: G72 Windows Updates Fails after running HP Recovery (130 Views)
Tutor
momspcs7
Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

G72 Windows Updates Fails after running HP Recovery

I recently had a Hard Drive failure on an HP G72 notebook. I ordered recovery disk from HP. The recovery disk arrived and I did a complete HP Recovery. I then went into Windows Update, clicked the "Get Updates" button and nothing happens. No Error nothing. I then download and tried to install SP2 and I get and error. I was able to download and install JAVA and Adobe updates. I was able to surf the net.  I redownloaded all of the drivers and still no updates. I reformated the drive and ran the recovery again, still no updates. I searched through the internet for 3 days, ran the recovery 3 more times and still no update.

Finally, I found a blurb on the internet about going to Intels website and downloading a new driver and trying it. I was thinking to myself why would a driver stop Windows Update from running??? Being desperate I tried it and low and behold it solved my problem. The driver is the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver".

Please HP, put this driver on the Driver update page.

Thanks,

Honor Student
Erik91
Message 2 of 4 (152 Views)

Re: G72 Windows Updates Fails after running HP Recovery

Tutor
momspcs7
Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

Only took 4 years??

Honor Student
Erik91
Message 4 of 4 (130 Views)

They did it before, I don't know exactly when. I had the same issue one month ago and your post helped me a lot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation