HP 2000 Notebook PC Failure ("Required drive partition is missing") (386 Views)
Honor Student
BarnettAR
Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)

HP 2000 Notebook PC Failure ("Required drive partition is missing")

About a week ago I was chatting away on skype and watching youtube videos when my laptop just sort of... stopped. There wasn't really an explanation, the screen just went black. Now the furthest I can get is to the log-in screen on my laptop.

However I do have some more technical (or at least technical looking) explanations for what might be the problem? (I'm so bad at, well, technology. I might as well be an old dad that types with two fingers and uses internet explorerer)(I don't, though).

At one point I tried to reset to factory default. It said it was unable to because "a required drive partition is missing".

Hard Drive Info:

Type: ATA

Model: ST320LT012-9WS14C

Firmware Version: 0001YAM1

Capacity: 320 GB

LBA48: Supported

SMART: Enabled

Sector Type: 4k/512e

I have the system ID and Product ID as well but idk how confedential that info is so we'll fiund out...
the "Born Date" of my computer is 11/21/2013 (YEAH ITS NEW ITS NOT EVEN SEEN NAUGHTY ADULT STUFF YET ITS BEEN USED FOR MY COLLEGE STUFF AND NOW IM GETTING QUITE A BIT BEHIND IN MY STUDIES)

Processor Type: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD

I really don't know how much more information is needed but I was able to get to a screen to test my drivers and the result was:

Hard Drive SMART Check: Passed

Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

Failure ID: 9LQK8C-6S5716-MFGJXF-60WJ03

Product ID: D1E880UA#ABA

Don't have any idea where to go now. Like I said, I'm pretty tech UN-savvy. I'm not quite as bad as my parents who can't figure out why they have so many toolbars (I refused to help them again now how and where are they finding so many toolbars wth) but I'm no expert. If anyone had this problem before or could point me in the right direction that would be wonderful. Thank you.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: HP 2000 Notebook PC Failure ("Required drive partition is missing")

The Hard Drive Short DST Failure error indicate that the hard drive has failed or is about to fail. You will need to replace the hard drive to resolve this issue. If you computer is still under warranty, please contact HP in your region or country, via the HP Worldwide Support Portal, to start a warranty claim / service ticket.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
BarnettAR
Message 3 of 4 (377 Views)

I don't have a warranty from when I bought it, but it is barely 4 months old. Do you think it will still cost me? And if so, how much of my tax refund do you think it'll take? (So much of my money is going to college, the money part really is very important right now)
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)

Please see the HP Product Warranty Check page and enter the requested informaton or the the automatic detection button to determine the status of the warranty on your computer. If the computer is still under warranty, contact HP to start a service claim.

If there is no warranty, you may have to replace the drive yourself... The cost should be around $50 - $100 and you will also need to purchase HP Reocvery Media, if you didn't create it when you first setup your computer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation