HP DV9000 Reinstall Vista (241 Views)
Student
arizona10987
Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

HP DV9000 Reinstall Vista

Own HP DV9000 Pavillion notebook. Original hard disk is dead. Install new HD and now trying to reinstall Vista using recovery disks that were created just before HD died. When trying to boot using the DVD goes for a few minutes and they says "Operating System Not Installed" (clever). After that nothing happens. I thought the recovery disk was supposed to reinstall the OS Vista to its original state. What am I missing ??

Top Student
reddragon0000
Message 2 of 4 (72 Views)

Re: HP DV9000 Reinstall Vista

same issue here, os not found. wondering if need a vista cd. of course they dont give those with computers anymore.

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 4 (66 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ reddragon0000

If you didn't burn a Recovery Disk set you need one to boot from.HP doesn't usually have them for older Vista machines but places like www.computersurgeons.com carries a large selection. You will need the 'Full' model number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop to find the correct set.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
reddragon0000
Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)

Ordered a set for it. Still won't load. Wondering if vista CD needed to allow new HD video o be seen. I read making an iso vista boot on USB will allow CD drive and HD to be found.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation