Question

Honor Student
heph4estus
Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)

HP Envy 14 wont turn on...

Hi to everyone! Well as the subject says, i own a HP Envy 14 notebook (model XQ101AV) which after a year of normal usage ,all of a sudden stopped charging(plugged in not charging),and once the battery drained itself it wouldnt boot back on (no activity whatsoever) .

First of all i tried the usual stuff - trying replacing the battery,removing the HDD and memory modules,pressing power button for more then 15 seconds,trying different power adapter and such.

And so as i dont have warranty anymore i tried replacing the power connector cable (component nr. 608380-001 as it was most suspicious because the led wouldnt turn on -neither white nor orange)but the problem was not solved.And so i thought the worst happened and i ordered and replaced the system board (component nr. 608364-001 - for my Core i5 processor)reassembled the whole laptop but it still wouldnt turn back on.

And now before i order the third and final thing i could think of that causes the laptop not to turn on (Battery connector board ,component nr. 617265-001)i wanted to ask if anyone knows if the battery connector board powers the motherboard as it does the battery or ONLY the battery, or if you dont think that is the issue, to try and recommend any other things i could've missed. Im trying to avoid taking it for repairs as i live outside of US and i know it would be quite expensive.I am quite handy around PC repairs cause i am electronic and computers tehnician so i know i connected everything as it should be and checked everything for errors (best to my knowledge).

Sorry for a rather long post and thank you in advance :-)

Student
djbmc
Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14 wont turn on...

Hi

I have the same problem ie laptop won't turn on & no LED light at the DC input jack. I haven't bought any parts yet so was wondering if you had found an answer ?

thanks

Brian

Honor Student
heph4estus
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14 wont turn on...

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I did manage to fix my laptop. Of all the things i've tried it was the faulty battery charge board.I found a replacement one on ebay,tried to change it and it worked like a charm. I dont know if it's the same case with your latpop but if you are willing to try here's the part number : HP 617265-001 BATTERY CHARGE BOARD. 

Or in case you have a different laptop  model (mine was HP ENVY 14 1200-CTO, XQ101AV)refer to your service manual (find it online) and there should be a list of all parts and their numbers so use those one. 

Hope you have luck in fixing it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation