Question

Student
sokpattah
Message 1 of 2 (2,504 Views)

HP Laptop - Recovery Manager

I have the HP Laptop Model G71-442NR and I run the Recovery Manager and run into the problem described below in a May 2011.  Unfortunately, there is no response to the May 2011 post and there is no response on the web that I can refer to resolve my issues. Not even an answer from this community to the May 2011 post.  Can anybody help?  I run all the diagnostic tests and it passed all including the HD tests, both quick and full.  Thank you.

Samuel O.

HP laptop - Recovery Manager

05-05-2011 10:27 PM

I am currently having problems with the recovery manager. There are two stages, I get past the first stage fine, but during the second stage, the screen is

"upDrvLtr: C:
The operation completed successfully.
File c:\system.sav\logs\MUI_FU_Start_Chk.log already exists. Overwrite?"

Regardless of yes or no, it automatically completes the operation.
After that, I get "This version of C:\RM\RM\RecoveryMgr.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system info to see whether you need a x86 (32 bit) or x64(64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. VIADump Version 1.0010 (WPE) Built Date here. <---"
"File c:\system.sav\logs\MUI_FU_End_Chk.log already exists. Overwrite?"

Regardless of yes or no, it restarts and then loops again and I keep going back to that screen. I can access ESC during the start when it loops, and then get to System Info, Diagnostics, Boot Device Options, Bios Setup, as well as System Recovery. Retrying system recovery pretty much gets me back to the same thing. I have the disc for factory restore, but I started the recovery manager using the computer, and now I'm not sure how to use the disc and/or get out of the screen to check the version, etc. Would appreciate some help.

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 2 of 2 (2,500 Views)

Re: HP Laptop - Recovery Manager

Hi there

Your recovery mgr has been corrupted because that your unable to perform the recovery

but can still try to reinstall the OS using the recovery Cds

if you Have not created any recovery cds

do not worry

you could order it online

on

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4125...

just select order recovery media option

it would cost you $15

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation