Question

Honor Student
rawoffers81
Message 1 of 18 (121,165 Views)

HP Mini 110 - 1000 Factory restore HOW???

I am trying to factory (hard) restore / reset my HP Mini 110 - 1000 to original factory settings (with all hard drive erased to original factory condition).

There is no restore function, no cd drive.  Each time I do a restore, it takes it back to a version that my files are still viewable.  I want to wipe the hard drive clean and take the netbook back to original factory condition, please help.  I have tried everything just about.

R. Warren

Grad Student
3baller
Message 2 of 18 (121,161 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 - 1000 Factory restore HOW???

I would suggest going to the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=39437...

From here you should be able to order recovery media which I beleive comes on a USB stick.  If not then you might need to contact hp at 1-800-hp invent.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 3 of 18 (121,158 Views)

Hi,

Here is the link that will tell you the different ways to perform recovery in the mini.

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System

Otherwise you can check if USB recovery is available for you mini from the link below:

HP Notebook PCs - Obtain a USB Recovery Key Solution for Specific Mini Notebooks

If USB is not available then the only way would be reinstall using an external dvd drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
Honor Student
rawoffers81
Message 4 of 18 (121,158 Views)

Thank you but when I click on the link and select Windows XP and then click on "Order Recovery Media--> Windows XP Home SP3", it takes me to a blank white page that has only this text:

error '80004005'

/driver/dr_country_select.asp, line 37
Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 5 of 18 (121,154 Views)

Yes..i think you are using firefox or chrome. Open the same link in Internet Explorer and it should work..

Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
Honor Student
rawoffers81
Message 6 of 18 (121,153 Views)

Yes, I was using Firefox. Using IE, I am able to access the webpage. Everything appears to be fine, but before I place the order I am concerned with the webpage as it says:

"Enter the number of CDs to order"

The HP Mini 110-1000 does not have a CD drive. I would need to have a USB thumb drive like parvez_tech mentioned in the post above.

Are you saying that this just isn't available and I need to purchase an external dvd drive to attempt to make this work?

Thanks
Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 7 of 18 (121,150 Views)

The number of cds is 1. Thats fine..Unfortunately if USB is not available then you'll need an external drive..if you can borrow from any friend just for one day will also do the work..

Note:

Honor Student
GoshHesHot
Message 8 of 18 (118,327 Views)

So one day i turn on my computer and the font and everything was just to big like when i get on the internet but everything jus looks weird so should and how do i reset it so that it looks like it did when i bought it

Tutor
BigDaddy39
Message 9 of 18 (104,981 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 - 1113NR Factory Reset HOW???

I am trying to factory reset my daughter's HP Mini 110 notebook but I have one additional problem---I forget my admin password!  How can I do a factory reset without knowing my admin password!

Thanks for your help!

Honor Student
Ebz11
Message 10 of 18 (93,411 Views)

My hp mini restored its self to factory settings now is missing windows root nd i have no idea how to fix this problem 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation