Question

Tutor
sallushan
Message 1 of 13 (16,466 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion G6-1251se Recovery Disc Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have HP Pavilion G6-1251se laptop. It had windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed.

Recently hard disk's all the partitions get removed accidently including the recovery partition. I don't have the recovery CD.

While searching on HP's support site I can't find the exact location from where I can download/purchase the recovery CD.

Actually this laptop was purchased from Middle East and currently I am in Pakistan and I don't think here is any HP's support center.

On software driver and downloads page of this laptop, Recovery Disk option is NOT available.

Can any body please help me out with this.

Thanks.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 13 (16,440 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6-1251se Recovery Disc Problem

Hi,

There may be a work around if you have ( or can borrow ) a retail Windows 7 installation disc that is exactly the same version as your OEM installation - ie if your notebook came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit this is the exact retail version you would need.

If you don't have access to a retail disc, you can create an installation disc yourself - just download the correct Disc Image from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-link...

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the underside of your notebook when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Any additional drivers you may need can be found Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 13 (16,437 Views)

sallushan wrote:

Hi there,

I have HP Pavilion G6-1251se laptop. It had windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed.

Recently hard disk's all the partitions get removed accidently including the recovery partition. I don't have the recovery CD.

While searching on HP's support site I can't find the exact location from where I can download/purchase the recovery CD.

Actually this laptop was purchased from Middle East and currently I am in Pakistan and I don't think here is any HP's support center.

On software driver and downloads page of this laptop, Recovery Disk option is NOT available.

Can any body please help me out with this.

Thanks.

HP will not ship discs to any other country than the original country it was purchased in, so DavidPK's suggestion may be the only solution for you.

Tutor
sallushan
Message 4 of 13 (16,428 Views)

Thanks alot David.

I am currently trying to recover partitions, if that doesn't work. Then finally I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Tutor
sallushan
Message 5 of 13 (16,393 Views)

OK,

Now I have recoved the partition it seems that it has been recovered correctly.

Actually I copied all the recovered files to my other computer and then created a new partition in Laptop and copied back the recovered files in the new partition, I called it D drive.

Then I set that partition active and restarted the laptop. The recovery manager started and I selected option to restore to its factory settings.

After this recovery manager restarted the PC, but then I am seeing

BOOTMGR missing press Ctl+Alt+Del.

Does this mean that partition was NOT recovered successfull or should I try something else?

Any one?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 13 (16,389 Views)

Hi,

Try the following.

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 32bit

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide on the link below to run Start-up Repair – you may need to run this 2 or 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

Regards,

DP-K

Tutor
sallushan
Message 7 of 13 (16,386 Views)

Thanks David,

But I think the recovery of "recovery partition" was NOT successfull. I guess I need to purchase the recovery cd anyway.

I tried downloading and installing the Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit  ISO but it is NOT getting activated.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 8 of 13 (16,370 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried the 'Phone Method' to activate the OS - it's described on the link below.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Regards,

DP-K

Student
umekalu
Message 9 of 13 (15,432 Views)

i can burn the recovery disk for you, if only you can pay for the shipping. You can use it anytime anyday both the disk on the compact disk and the one that will be transferred to your computer.

Student
Chiru11
Message 10 of 13 (4,046 Views)

Can i use this link for hp pavilion g6 1c58ca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation