Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

After repair at center was missing recovery disk at hard disk

where I can download recovery disk for HP Pavilion dv6-7080se?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately HP do not offer a download service for this - there are 2 options available.

1.  You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below.

Order HP Recovery Discs.

If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

2.  Create your own installation disc.

Before trying the following, make sure you can still read the 25 Character Product Activation key on your Windows COA label ( 5 blocks of 5 alpha/numeric sets ).

An example of a COA Label can be seen Here.

You can create an installation disc yourself using another PC - just download the correct Disc Image ( this must be the exact same version that originally came with your notebook ) from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.

Windows-7 sp1-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the COA Label when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Any additional drivers and software you may need can be found Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thanks, but what about recovery, when press key F11?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only way you can re-create the Recovery Partition ( giving you the f11 option at boot ) is to perform a 'Factory Reset' using  set of HP Recovery Discs.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

i have Hp Dv 6 -6c35dx Entertainment laptop and i hade made (5) dvd of computer Windows becuope and the fift dvd is now missing from me .when i am Installing windows of it 1234 Dvd are becoming install and need the fifit disc it is not present with me .how i shoud fine that or complet that . thinks

HP Recommended

Hi durani,

You're best option would be to order a complete replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below.

Order HP Recovery Discs.

If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi

HP Recommended

@hershgoran wrote:

hi

Hello, do you have a question for the community?  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.