HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC: restore system and drivers (465 Views)
Honor Student
spream01
Message 1 of 3 (465 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC: restore system and drivers

Hi. Some days ago I faced a bad experience with my laptop HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. System crashed. At anytime I tried to switch it on, a message error appeared and system was blocked. Message was: FILE:\BOOT\BCD Status 0xc000000f, asking for running the Windows 7 System disk. But System disk didn't run at all. I checked situation and found the hard disk with 6 partitions instead of 2. I found a partition named BOOT (X:smileyhappy: that was a replica of C:.  When I tried to restore the system by the recovery disk, something got control of the recovery disk, so that C: could not be formatted; neither X: was. Also, I tried to cancel files in X: but disk was protected and didn't allow any changes. So I could only get my hard disk uninstalled and all the partitions were cleaned off. I got my hard disk perfectly cleaned, but my recovery disk could not be installed properly. Therefore, system was not restored yet. My question is: what should I do to get my laptop with restored system? any ideas?  

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC: restore system and drivers

[ Edited ]

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and/or post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Depending on the age on your computer, it may have come from the factory with 5 or more partitons. This is common on newer computers that utilize UEFI and GPT partitions. The "Windows 7 System disk", the computer wass asking for is either a Windows 7 installation disc or a Windows 7 Repair Disc. Neither of these discs come with your HP computer and must be downloaded and/or created in Windows.

Start by using your HP Recovery Disc set (should be 3 or more DVDs). Insert disc #1 and reboot your computer to start the process. Insert the remaining discs as requested, until the recovery is finished.

If this doesn't work and you can read the 25-digit Microsoft Windows 7 product key on th Microsoft COA affixed to your computer, please see "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" to download Windows 7 SP1, create the Windows installation DVD, and install Windows 7.  If you prefer to install Windows 7 from a USB Flash Drive, please download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to create a Windows 7 SP1 USB Flash Drive. After installing Windows using this method , you will no longer have any HP customizations or software. You will also need to identify and download drivers for hardware devices that Windows 7 didn't already supply drivers for.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
spream01
Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC: restore system and drivers

Hi Dean. Thanks to your suggestions, I could make it! I appreciated your help very much. Best regards from Italy.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation