Question

Honor Student
prittygurl1997
Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)

HP Presario CQ56

I have a HP Presario CQ56.  I am running Windows 7.  I performed a disk cleanup and shut it down.  When I turned my laptop back on the screen shows in clue letters "Boot Device Not Found Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk - (3FO)

then in white letters it says F2 System Diagnostics

I don't know what this means and I don't know how to fix it.  I need suggestions.

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 5 (269 Views)

Re: HP Presario CQ56

that means Windows is corrupted and now will not boot.

disk cleanup - did you use the system provided "cleanmgr" or just went about your self and removed bunch of seemingly unnecessary files?

If there are no important data to be saved on the hard drive, the best way to recover the system at this point, is probably the the F11 System Recovery option, Hit f11 during boot up (before you get that failure message).

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
prittygurl1997
Message 3 of 5 (265 Views)

I tried this and the same message keeps popping up

Honor Student
prittygurl1997
Message 4 of 5 (263 Views)

The disk clean up was done through the start menu accessories system tools disc cleanup

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)

If f11 doesn't work (probably the recovery partition is also messed up), you may want call HP to order a set of recovery discs.

Also, if you can, boot to bios (f10) and run diagnose tests.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation