Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Recently I bought HP probook 4530s laptop and I found there is a recovery partition, but I want to write that recovery image to a disk. But im wondering here because I cannot find recovery manager software in my laptop.

Please can anyone help???

Regards,

Dilan.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi, Dilan:

To the best of my knowledge this software was not included for your notebook. Nor can you download it from your notebook's support page.

Your recovery options consist of using the F11 key to launch the recovery process, or purchasing a set of Quick Restore DVD's (which I strongly recommend you do) for $10, if you live in the USA or Canada. Elsewhere in the world the costs range from free (such as in the UK) to more than $10.

The Quick Restore DVD's should have everything your recovery partion has, with a few exceptions perhaps.

To order recovery disks in the USA/Canada, you need to have your serial number and model number handy and call:

Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

If you need the information to order for outside the US/Canada, you can contact HP by phone for the country you live in at the link below. If they have a separate number for business PC's/notebooks, call that number.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

Additionally, you can make an complete system image and recovery startup CD by using the Windows 7 backup program.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP probook 4530s i3..I tried to hit f11 but it doesn't worked for me...I checked in my programs an option to create A System Restore Disk...

Is that for recovery...

Also please let me kow if i can purchase that recovery disk you mentioned about in from Pakistan and how much it will cost me...??

Thanks...

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can try contacting HP Support for the Middle East at the link below. I do not see a specific link for Pakistan.

I don't know how much a recovery disk will cost you in Pakistan. You will have to call HP and ask.

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Paul

HP Recommended

sir,

how to create hp probook 4530s recovery media creation

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

First of all i am not really good at English and not a guru on the field of computers but i know many of you are having this problem and i really had about a week of getting around this and its looks quiet very simple in solving this problem really,although it took me somedays.I have an Hp Probook 4530s and recently and to me being stupid,i fomatted my drive C: and installed Windows 7 Ultimate,but then after this i wanted to come back to recover my laptop to the factory by using f11 as we all know,but it wouldnt work.I know many people have this problem.

Now this is what i did.

First,check if you have your recovery partition on the computer.It is normally named Hp_Recovery and uses the :smileyvery-happy:.If you have it,then go to start, right click Computer,manage,then to disk management.Now Check the disk type if all is set to basic or dynamic.If your disk type is set to dynamic,then that is where you have the problem of using the f11 to recover your computer.f11 will never work if you have your disk type set to dynamic.

Now, download this great tool http://www.uploadstation.com/file/8TzQfaC , which is going to do a massive job for you by changing the dynamic type of disk to the basic type of disk without loosing any of your Data.(It worked for me without backing up my data)Run the program after installing and put the keys in for a full version.Now,right click the disk and click covert dynamic disk to basic disk and click apply on far top left corner and follow instructions.The program may ask to complete the task by restarting your computer,click restart.It is that simple and i know everyone can get around this.

Now restart your computer,boot to windows and go to start,right click manage and disk management to see if the dynamic disk is changed to basic disk.If it has,then you are through.Now restart your computer and try f11 again.And it should work this time.

Hope this will helps.

HP Recommended

I recently bought an Hp ProBook 4530s and experiencing some problems that i need to rcover the system to manufacturerer settings. How can i do the system recovery?

HP Recommended

how to create hp probook 4530s recovery media creation

HP Recommended

Because my touch pad mouse was not working, I tried to do factory setting recovery by pressing F 11 during reboot. This really messed things up. It appeared that the window was completely deleted. I do not know why HP has set up the product this way. Fortunately, I have a window 7 disc. I installed window 7 manually to make the computer work again. However, a lot of drivers are missing, for example, I do not have wireless card driver. I could not even get on the internet. I went though a lot of trouble, spent hours to get this fixed. I am still have couple of problem. I realy do not suggest you push F11, as a lot of people said. I stil do not know what is the right way to get this done. I did read the manuel, it did not say anything about this.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problems and found a solution by mistake.

Pressed Esc key at boot to get menu. Went to Network book and got an error the device was not bootable. It then rebooted on its own and the recovery that had previously run from a botched up F11, mysteriously continued to load the Windows drivers and recovered completely.

I should point out the error. The computer was not able to do a SP1 update, and was necessary to install Itunes for example.

A full diagnostic revelaed no problems.

I even downloaded the Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft site and tried running it from the computer. Same issue. I then did ther f11 recovery which a person here complains messed up the computer. After this I have only got a test error page giving me 3 options. Insert Windows CD (which I do not have) 2. Recover, reboot. Pressing 1,2 or 3. did nothing and froze the computer at that point.

All these steps and messages are from my memory I did not think it was worth writing down the error pages at the time it occurred since at this point I was committed to ordering a Restore DVD. I will still order the CDs to be on the safe side.

So far it has done a recover. I will report back if it allows me to do SP1 update.

It does seem the F11 procedure has a problem, but hopefully this post helps someone out there.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.