HP eliteBook 2540p notebook has problem with recovery (1382 Views)
Top Student
chammoc
Message 1 of 12 (1,382 Views)

HP eliteBook 2540p notebook has problem with recovery

Hi,

My notebook is HP elitebook 2540p. Now I still use Windows 7 with copyright. However, there are no sound in my laptop (it might come from mistake of win? because when I play a song, it still run but can hear any voice, even when I plugged headphone....). So I would like to recovery my laptop but I can't do this. First, I could not find recovery manager, then I tried to press F11, but nothing happened. It said that "this boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible", then I entered, it came to windows.

Maybe after install windows, I divided C disk into two disks, that's why its system can't find HP-recovery disk, is it right?

I still saw the HP recovery disk with 15G in disk management, but can't recovery. Please guidle me how should I do

Thank you very much!

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 12 (1,374 Views)

Re: HP eliteBook 2540p notebook has problem with recovery

Bottom right hand side, unmute the speakers. Or doubleclick and make sure that the right speakers are set for audio. External speakers could be picked instead of internal, or hdmi, depending on your set up.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Top Student
chammoc
Message 3 of 12 (1,371 Views)

Thank you for guidline. The speakers on my computer are unmute. I also checked card sound, every thing is ok. That's why I want to recovery my computer but can't do this. :smileysad:((

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 4 of 12 (1,360 Views)

give me the p/n number of your notebook

NOT THE SERIAL NUMBER

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Top Student
chammoc
Message 5 of 12 (1,357 Views)

Thanks. It's bu739us. I still see HP_recovery disk. Maybe I divided C disk into two disk and the system could not understant the path of recovery disk?

Looking forward to hearing you!

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 6 of 12 (1,351 Views)

making a partition will not work. You would need to change the boot.ini settings and that can cause problems.

You gave me your model.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4138625&lang=en&cc=us...

Pick the Operating system, choose audio drivers, and install them. then restart

Signature:
Top Student
chammoc
Message 7 of 12 (1,347 Views)

I'm sorry but sth wrong with my laptop because I did as you said two times, and nothing happed. the sound system seemed to be good, I wonder if it has problem with line connect to speakers or sth like that....:smileysad:(( So stressful...

Thank you for your time....I really don't understand what happen with my laptop...

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 8 of 12 (1,340 Views)

So just to be clear, you have audio through your speakers? or none at all? did you install the driver as instructed

Signature:
Top Student
chammoc
Message 9 of 12 (1,332 Views)

Yes. I have audio on my laptop but I can't hear and I did as your guide :smileysad:.

Thank you!

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 10 of 12 (1,322 Views)

So as i understand it, your computer acts as if there is audio, the bars move, or the slider moves and you recieve no error messages, however you CANNOT hear the audio.

you reinstalled the drivers

you made sure the volume button was not on mute

you made sure the volume was up on the product itself

and on the program you try to use

Is this correct?

Signature:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation