Question

Student
honda1812
Message 1 of 2 (117 Views)

HP pavilion dv9000 window vista problem

As I turn ON the  laptop from the power button, it turns on. Screen lights up, but I don't see any welcome screen or icons. It gives no reaction no matter what I do. I have tried  take the battery in  and out but didn't help. Please help me. what could be problem ? I tried to recover it by inserting recovery CDs but without the start button or any other icons I can not do anything.Thanks.

Grad Student
3baller
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv9000 window vista problem

It might be that the hard drive is going bad or some other corruption.  I would tyr going into the recovery partition by pressing F11 at startup, from here you can do a system restore to a point where you know it worked or a system recovery.  If you do the recovery you will lose all datat that wasn't backe up.  Hopefully this helps

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation