Question
Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (306 Views)

HP startup screen

When I power on my HP 2000 Notebook PC it stays on the HP bkack screen.
What can I do?
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 13 (269 Views)

Re: HP startup screen

Hi MsCrosby,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP 2000-219DX Notebook and getting a blank or black screen on startup. When you first turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore from the F11 menu.  If the menu is not coming up try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset, you must disconnect or remove all peripheral devices (USB).

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (230 Views)

Good morning.
When I click on F11 it went to the Language Keyboard Setting. I clicked on the US keyboard layout setting and the screen just stayed on this screen. The screen isn't frozen bc my mouse pointer can still highlight the selection that I go to.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 13 (224 Views)

Hi MsCrosby,

Try hitting just the enter key. If that does not work try performing a hard reset again.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Tutor
Message 5 of 13 (208 Views)

Good evening.

I had to right click on US keyboard language. Then it went to the screen with the time and date in the lower left hand corner on a blue screen. So then I did a hard reset, and it went right back to this screen. And it has been on this screen for the past four hours.
Student
Message 6 of 13 (196 Views)

My screen says says i have to visit www.hp.com/startup i pressed F10 to goto my setup menu but doesnt give me options.
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 13 (181 Views)

Hey Jazzygee,

Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential device. Try at startup to keep pressing F11 to do a system restore.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 13 (179 Views)

Hi MsCrosby,

Could you update me on what is happening now? Please note remove any and all USB devices while trying to do any diagnostics. Here is a link on hardware failure.

Please let me know if anything fails.

Thanks.

Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (173 Views)

Good morning.
I just did the hardware failure.....When I did the Start Up test it failed. It gave me a failure ID code.
HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 13 (169 Views)

Hi MsCrosby,

Have you changed any hardware on the computer? Can you boot the computer into safe-mode?

Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
Select Safe Mode and press Enter. It might ask you for the Admin password.

Did the computer give your a number on the failure ID code?

Let me know.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation