Question

Honor Student
elvisyik
Message 1 of 4 (3,582 Views)

Hard disk short dst failed

Hi,

I have some questions of my notebook. My computer is : HP pavilion dm4-3050 us Notebook ,I think my notebook's hard drive was broken. when i try to start my notebook, it just show up this. 

"Windows Error Recovery"

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause...........

then i chose "Launch startup Repair (recommended)"

but it said  [Status: 0xc00000e9   Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.]

Hard Disk Test

Testing Drive: 1 

Hard Disk SMART Check : PPASSED

Hard Disk Short DST : FAILED

can someone help me do with it? should i buy a new hard drive? if so, after i buy a new hard drive what should i do? Thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (3,578 Views)

Re: Hard disk short dst failed

[ Edited ]

Your hard drive has failed or is failing fast.You will need to purchase a new hard drive to replace it. You can use any retail SATA mobile hard drive. Just be sure to get one with of least as large a capacity as the original to use Recovery Disks to reinstall Windows. It can be larger but not smaller.For instance if you have a> 750gb hdd do not buy a 320gb.

If you have not burned a Recovery Disk set you can order from your software & drivers page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5218...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
elvisyik
Message 3 of 4 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]

in the "Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion dm4-3050us Entertainment Notebook PC"  Step two are many thing can choose, can you tell me which one? I cannot find an "Order Recovery Media". thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (3,541 Views)

The page is here:

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?softwareitem=676888-001&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&pr...=

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation