Question

Tutor
RIKA
Message 1 of 14 (370 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can i recover my pc to the first time i bought?

HI
How can i recover my pc to the first time i bought? because my pc is running so slowly..i have a compaq cq61 laptop..and i want to set up to the first time...how can i ?  i dont have a recovery disc because when i bought it dosnt have a recovery disc in it . Please Help me .Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 14 (361 Views)

Re: How can i recover my pc to the first time i bought?

Hi:

Make sure you have backed up all of your files before trying to restore the PC to factory state.

You should have a recovery partition if you are using the original hard drive and haven't erased the recovery partition.

To set your PC to factory state, restart the PC. Athe HP welcome screen tap the F11 key to launch the recovery process.

Follow the instructions provided on the screen.

Paul

Tutor
RIKA
Message 3 of 14 (340 Views)

yeah i have Format my pc with onther disc 6 months ago...but havent erase the Recovery partition .
but where can i save the back up of my files ?  

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 14 (336 Views)

Hi:

I recommend you get a portable hard drive and back your files up on that.

Paul

Tutor
RIKA
Message 5 of 14 (334 Views)

Thnx paul i have on more thing is my recovery partion okay or im lossing something because i cant remeber how was it when i buy it but i know that i didnt erase this partition   Recovery Partitionand thnx so much that you are helping me :smileyhappy: 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 14 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I am glad to assist you.

Looking at the screen shot you posted, your recovery partition looks fine (Recovery (D).

Save your files to an external hard drive or flash drive (depending on how much you have).

Once that is done, disconnect everything connected to your PC but the power adapter.

Boot up the PC and at the HP welcome screen, tap the F11 key to launch the recovery dialog and follow the prompts.

It should take 15 - 30 minutes and your PC should be restored to its factory settings.

Then just reinstall any programs and files that didn't come with the PC.

You will need program installation disks or files. You can not back up installed programs and reinstall them from a backup.

Paul

Tutor
RIKA
Message 7 of 14 (324 Views)

THNX AGAIN PAUL ......
So i just have to do this and my pc is like new ? :smileyvery-happy:
Ps: i have read that i should create a disk or just to follow your steps with no disk and pc is like new ? :smileyvery-happy:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 8 of 14 (322 Views)

Hi:

You can create a set of recovery DVD's now if you wish. It might be a good idea.

Then just do as I posted and your PC should be restored like the day you first got it.

Paul

Tutor
RIKA
Message 9 of 14 (315 Views)

From Where Can i create the Recovery Dvd's ? just to have it for another time ....
and to be sure that my recovery partition im sending you another screenshot i wanna be sure : recovery partition 2 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 10 of 14 (313 Views)

Hi:

There should be a program in your programs menu to create backup disks--yes, just to have them for another time like if you want or need a new hard drive. A recovery partition would be useless if the hard drive failed. That is why it is good to have installation DVD's.

You can only run this one time.

If you ever ran it before, you can't do it again.

The picture hasn't posted yet but there is no way to just look at it and guarantee you it will 100% work.

If you never messed with it or changed the name of your C:\ drive, it should work just fine.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation