How to create Recovery Disc (2019 Views)
Top Student
man247oj
Message 1 of 6 (2,019 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to create Recovery Disc

Hi there

can anyone help me with creating a recovery disc for my Hp Pavilion  G6-2330m laptop

windows 7, 64bit.

after inserting a dvd, I went to all programs/maintenance/create a system repair disc

but it gives the following error:

The system repair disc could not be created

The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)

I have earlier posted about my laptop freezing and responding very late to commands. So i decided to create a recovery disc but have come up with this issue.

Please help.

Regards

Manoj

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 6 (2,006 Views)

Re: How to create Recovery Disc

System Repair Disc and Recovery Disk are completely different. The system repair disc is created through windows by Microsoft and recovery disk is created through HP Recovery Manager by HP.

Refer below link to know procedure of creating a recovery disk for your notebook

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01895783#WhenCreate

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
man247oj
Message 3 of 6 (1,993 Views)

Hello Mr. kamat_hp

thanks for ur reply.

the solution you gave don't seem to work as there is no hp recovery manager in the start menu.

i followed the instructions as given by you but was not able to find the reovery manager in start menu. iwould like to tell you that there is separate hard drive created on my computer with name Recovery (D:smileyhappy:

Is there any other way to do the same.

I followed  the previous intruction of going to maintenance and then clicking on create system repair disc as told to me by the technical person from the hp world shop from where i purchased my laptop.

Please let me know of alternative solution.

Thanks and regards

Manoj

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 6 (1,965 Views)

I suspect the Operating system on your notebook is probably not a OEM copy due to which recovery manager is not available

FYI, If recovery manager was available you can perform a recovery (restore your Notebook back to factory condition) without need of creating recovery disks. The D:\ drive which is recovery partition which would help you in doing that on your notebook.

Try the following steps and see if that works. 

1. Click start button and type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes and Press Enter key

2. Right-click on the D:\ drive - HP Recovery partition and select Mark as Active Partition.

3. This would give you a alert/prompt , where you need to Select Yes which would restart your computer and take you to Recovery Manager screen. You can follow link which i have provided above to start the recovery process on your Notebook.

Note:

Please backup your files before starting recovery on the Notebook as it would result in data loss. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
man247oj
Message 5 of 6 (1,932 Views)

Thanks for your guidance

will do the same as suggested, in case of any problem will revert.

Regards

Manoj

Student
UTKARSH_BURNWAL
Message 6 of 6 (697 Views)

dear sir my lappy is hp pavillion g6 2320tx and i have to create its recovery disc plz tell me how to create it and how to use it and also tell me the diffref\nce between recovery disc and repair disc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation