Question

Student
kasunvinod
Message 1 of 2 (4,329 Views)

How to recover my HP Pavilion DV6 ?

My computer OS was Windows 7 home premium. Few months ago i install Windows Server 2008 r2 to my laptop to create a office server until i buy a desktop computer. But i didn't delete recovery and other partition. I bought a i7 desktop computer yesterday and istall server into it now i want to reset my HP Pavilion DV6 to factory default. So i tried to install HP recovery manager to Windows Server 2008 but its impossible then i install Windows 7 Ultimate i installed recovery manager but it doesn't work. Can u please tell me how to install recovery manager and recover my computer again or is there any other way to recover using recovery partion?

Early replys are highly appreciated.  

Thank You

Grad Student
Homerepairman
Message 2 of 2 (4,325 Views)

Re: How to recover my HP Pavilion DV6 ?

If your recovery partition is still intact you can restore from it. Assuming that your BCD had been altered due to your other OS install, you will have to repair the BCD. The BCD is your Boot Configuration Data. It can be repaired with a Bootable Windows Disc, the one for which your wanting to restore to. Boot to the disc, Choose to repair the computer. The disc should scan for windows installations on all partitions. The Recovery Partition may be labeled as such and is identifiable during this process. After the repair is done your recovery partition option to restore to is now available using the F-10 at boot. Unless you have a viable and bootable operating system installed this will be your only option.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation