Question

Honor Student
HobaMe
Message 1 of 5 (1,717 Views)

How to reduce the size of c:\ drive and create new partition for my new DV6-6b20se

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have just bought new notebook HP DV6-6b20se with i5/6GBRAM/750GB HDD/Win7 home premium
there are c:\ drive & recovery drive - I want to reduce the size of C:/ drive and creat one or two additional partitions for my personal data.

so.. please refer me to a guide in order to do it without loosing my original system (windows 7 home premium)
And what's the prefered size for c:\ drive

Thank you.

Basil

[Personal Information Removed]

Intern
fantastic2m
Message 2 of 5 (1,705 Views)

Re: How to reduce the size of c:\ drive and create new partition for my new DV6-6b20se

http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
You should try and get a partitioning tool.
Really easy to use.
And free
Honor Student
HobaMe
Message 3 of 5 (1,696 Views)

Re: How to reduce the size of c:\ drive and create new partition for my new DV6-6b20se

Will I be able to keep my windows 7 system and restore it from recovery media dvd without the need to re-partition again?
What's the preferred size for c:\ partition?

Thanks.

Intern
fantastic2m
Message 4 of 5 (1,684 Views)

Yes...
And depending on what you want to save in the C:/.
100-300. I actually have a 560gig HDD and I allocated 200GIG to C:/.I don't save my random files there anyway just to keep them save if I encounter a prob answer should format.
Intern
fantastic2m
Message 5 of 5 (1,683 Views)

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
These feedback tools help keep our
community active, so you receive better
answers faster.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation