Question

Student
suxido
Message 1 of 2 (2,746 Views)

How to remove Drive encryption withouth the ProtectTools?

Hello,

I just did the biggest mistake in my whole life. On my HP ElitePad 900 I had Windows 8. I wanted to delete anything, expect the OS. So I went to the settings, and on Windows 8 you got the option to remove all datas, but keep the OS. So I took this option.

Well, what I forgot, I had activate the HP Drive Encrytion (the thing that always came when I turned on my tablet). I thought it will go away when i delete the tools. (I didn't do that manually).

But I have never been so wrong.

Windows deleted all datas. That means, it deleted the protect tools too. But if I turn on my tablet, it still wants my password. And if I type it in, it still works.

BUT, I reinstalled the HP ProtectTools, I thought I can deactivate it there. But I was wrong. There is written, that the Volrume C: isn't encrypted.

And now I got a huge problem. Because I want that tools away, but how?

I got the password and everything else. But I can't do it away.

Please help me how to get that away.

I googled it so many times, but I couldn't find anybody with the same problem that I have.

Thanks for your help!

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (2,705 Views)

Re: How to remove Drive encryption withouth the ProtectTools?

You may want to try the business support forums found here as there will be users more familiar with HP Protect Tools there.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation