Question

Top Student
ZenVik
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

I have prepared recovery disc separetly. Can I delete Base.wim file in my recovery drive now?

As per alert given by HP Support assistant I have sussessfully prepared three Recovery DVDs with the help of HP Support Assistant. On my Recovery Drive D:\ there is a preload folder that contain a file named base.wim (size 10 GB). If this folder contains the image of the system, can I delete this folder now? By this action I can get 10 GB more space on my PC. Please somebody guide me regarding the above issue.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: I have prepared recovery disc separetly. Can I delete Base.wim file in my recovery drive now?

Hi,

As you have created your set of Recovery Discs - ( These will not only reinstall the OS, but re-create the Recovery Partition as well ) - you can completely remove the Recovery Partition.  If you check in the Recovery Manager folder ( in All Programs ) there is usually the option to do this or you can also use Windows Disk Management.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
ZenVik
Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: I have prepared recovery disc separetly. Can I delete Base.wim file in my recovery drive now?

Thanks David,

It works. Now I have created 12 GB more space on my PC.

Thanks once again for your valuable suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation