Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help

I think i am going to get a new laptop.

HP Recommended

@paul5 

Sounds like the hard drive may have failed. If you are still in warranty HP will send a replacement. If not a retail hard drive can be used. Just be sure to get one of at least as large a capacity as the original to use HP Recovery Discs to reinstall Windows. For instance if you have a 320gb hdd you could use a 500gb but not a 250gb hdd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I have a HP pavilion dv5. It tells me no boot mg press font/alt/del to restart. I did that and the same thing happens what do I need to do now
HP Recommended

my laptop doesn't start up there is a message reading 'The System Bios has detected a possible issue with the cooling fan' Cooling fan (902)

HP Recommended

my laptop showing system has detected wire less module installed system not supported plz remove and restart.

how to slove this problem plz help me.

HP Recommended

Hi my lap top is freeze if I start it up it just come blank n right now im stuck on hp advanced system diagonistics

HP Recommended
Ran out of battery and when I turned it back on it reads: Recovery your PC needs to be repaired!
What do I do? I don't know anything about computers!!! Please help.
HP Recommended
Sir when i start my compaq 420 lapto(not under warranty) ,first compaq logo comes &then screen goes black and white dash (-) blinks and laptop does not start,pls help me sir
HP Recommended

@kkhurana

You don't mention which OS you are running,so I will give link for Windows 7.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Boot device not found,hard disk (3FO) ,F2 system diagnostic .I called tech support tried key F 2 ,F11 neither resolved issue.. Any ideas needed ..Help...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.