Question

Honor Student
ABA723
Message 1 of 3 (4,160 Views)

Laptop screen is Black! PLZ Help

Hi All.  Happy Holidays!  

I am not too computer savvy but I try!!   All of a sudden my notebook screen is blank.  My computer is charged fully.  I can turn it on and I hear it turn on and WINDOWS boot up but my screen is blank and black.  There is no life on it at all.  

Any suggestions??

THX!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (4,145 Views)

Re: Laptop screen is Black! PLZ Help

Hi,

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.

If the above doesn't help the issue, try connecting the notebook to an external display and see if you now get a video output.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
NanaSimo
Message 3 of 3 (881 Views)

Re: Laptop screen is Black! PLZ Help

Dear DP-K technician

My granddaughter just entered her freshman year at Gallaudet Univ. for the Deaf in D.C.   Her HP laptop screen went dark however if she applies pressure pushing it far back she can see a bit of the image.  Is this the inverter?  She is distresssed as this is her 3rd day of classes and she hasn't the ability to do the homework on the PC. 

Many thanks to you,

Nana Simo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation