Question

Honor Student
fae57
Message 1 of 9 (669 Views)

Microsoft Office 60 day trial!

I have a second user HP dv6 notebook. I'm a complete luddite with computers and I inadvertantly pressed the wrong button when something 'popped up' about trialling an updated version of Microsoft Office whilst online - since then i have had no access at all to my original Office and none to the 60day trial!!. I click on the icon (which now has 60 day trial beneath it and nothing happens - all the updates for my Office programme are in the control panel but I don't know what to do to retrieve the original and get rid of this **bleep** 60 day trial that I didn't want.. Any help would be appreciated. thank you

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 9 (660 Views)

Re: Microsoft Office 60 day trial!

Look in the Programs and Features list in Control Panel see if you can uninstall the Office trial

Honor Student
fae57
Message 3 of 9 (655 Views)

Thank you Mumbodog. There are so many windows files i don't want to delete/uninstall the wrong one! I found the 60 day trial but not where you suggested to look - not sure where now, should have written it down!

Teacher
maestrorod
Message 4 of 9 (648 Views)

just click on the control panel.

then click unintall a program

wait for windows to show you all the programs that can be uninstalled/deleted...

scroll down in the window and find microsoft office trial and click uninstall.

that should be it..

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 9 (642 Views)

Hi,

This is what I really hate. They put in many things to a new machine and sometimes very hard to remove them. Please use this method:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/remove-or-uninstall-office-2010-trial-HA101972584.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
fae57
Message 6 of 9 (636 Views)

Hi Bh

I'll have to print those instructions off in order to follow them to the letter, however it does seem that you may have given me the solution that i need, so thank you. If it works I'll get back to you if that's alright. i'll hit the kudos button anyway.

thanks again , Fae :smileyhappy:

Teacher
maestrorod
Message 7 of 9 (630 Views)

fae its exactly what i said aswell lol

Uninstall your Office 2010 trial version in Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
  3. Select the trial version you want to uninstall.
  4. Click Uninstall, then Continue. You may need to restart your computer.

Honor Student
fae57
Message 8 of 9 (627 Views)

Hi, i've looked in the control panel and there are so many 'microsoft applications' and there isn't one saying 60 day trial so I'm loath to do any uninstalling in case i wipe something i shouldn't because of my ignorance. I did tell you i am a luddite and computers scare me!

Teacher
maestrorod
Message 9 of 9 (626 Views)

you could take a screenshot and place it on here when your somewhere near the microsoft stuff and i can point out the right one if you like

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation