Question

Student
kennma
Message 1 of 3 (449 Views)
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Office Starter Missing After Restore on HP Pavilion g6 Notebook

Hi. I have recently restored, using the HP recovery partition, and not the KNOWHOW recovery media (5 discs), that were supplied by KNOWHOW. I have noticed that several softwares, were not restored. Adobe Reader and Skype to name a few. I have downloaded these from their websites. However, how do i recover, or reinstall Microsoft Office Starter? I have downloaded and installed OpenOffice, however i use several Microsoft Office Templates for documents and spreadsheets. I have a Packard Bell notebook, and an Acer netbook, and Microsoft Office Starter is normally, stored in it's own partition (click to run), for recovery. Matt.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: Microsoft Office Starter Missing After Restore on HP Pavilion g6 Notebook

Hi, Matt:

Unfortunately, Office Starter 2010 cannot be downloaded from anywhere.

It is only installed on the C:\ drive and not on recovery disks or the recovery partition.

If you must have Office, then you will need to purchase it.

Paul

Student
motmiller
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Microsoft Office Starter Missing After Restore on HP Pavilion g6 Notebook

So in a nutshell, to state that a System Recovery to "original factory condition" is a lie.  The software came from the factory and it is not availiable after the restore.  HP needs to include a prompt alerting users of the System Recovery that not ALL of the software from the factory will be re-installed.  This would allow the users to make an educated dicision regarding the restore.  Unfortuantely I a did not recieve such prompt and now I get to spend money on software that I previous had.  This will no doubt be the last HP laptop or computer that I buy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation