Question

Student
Birjolaxew
Message 1 of 2 (757 Views)

Missing Recovery Manager

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I have recently attempted to completely wipe (restore from factory settings) my few-years-old HP Pavilion dv6000 (unsure of the exact model). I have therefore google'd it, and found several different solutions; some told me to hold F11 while booting, which did nothing, nor when repeatedly pressing it, some told me to find the "HP Recovery Manager" (which is also what I've found on the official HP site), and some told me to press F10 repeatedly, which didn't start the recovery mode. Something worth noticing may be that it is running Windows Vista.

Having tried all of them, I find that the one to trust the most would be finding the HP Recovery Manager, something which appears to be as simple as searching for it in the program list, or through Window's build-in search function. But, no dice.

Besides of this, I am also in a rather bad situation; I got my old HP computer (the one I am attempting to restore) handed down from my grandparents (who were not very tech-savy, and never would delete anything they didn't know what was, much less a recovery tool), but only the computer; no manual or CD's.

I am now asking, is there any way for me to restore my HP without CD's or a recovery manager, or am I just missing something clearly visible?

[Edit]I am terribly sorry. I thought I had looked through all folders, but it was apparently renamed to danish, in a way that used outdated words, which I didn't connect with Recovery Manager.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (718 Views)

Re: Missing Recovery Manager

Dv6000 are very prone to serious motherboard problems, not sure if this is causing recovery probems or not.

You can order recovery media here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If HP no longer has Recovery Media for your model, order them here

http://www.computersurgeons.com/Default.aspx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation