Question

Honor Student
Ingkow
Message 1 of 5 (2,142 Views)

My Recovery drive is full.

Hi guys, i just want to ask if its normal that my recovery drive is almost full(106MB free of 15.3GB). Should i clean it? Thanks a lot!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (2,135 Views)

Re: My Recovery drive is full.

Hi,

That does sound a bit too full - I'd expect you to have around 2Gb free space.  See if the suggestions in the document on the link below help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01508532&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
FLiC
Message 3 of 5 (2,122 Views)

If your recovery drive is full it's because you have added files to it. And this is kind of bad. Most common reason for this is people set there Windows back-up options to use the recovery partition to save their back-up files. You need to find the files that were added to that partition and delete them, if you delete the wrong ones and anything happens to the computer that causes the operating system to be corrupt then you will have to order disc from HP to get your computer running properly again. Unless you created disc before now, which hardly anybody ever does. There is also a very good chance that just by having added the files to the wrong partition that the recovery drive is now not going to work correctly, but the only to find out would be to recover your computer, but I don't suggest trying that unless you really need to, if it fails the computer won't come back on till some external media with the operating system on it is used to re-install Windows.
Student
pavithran
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)

my recovery drive is full..how i clear it

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)

Hi pavithran,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that your recovery partition is full. I will be happy to help you. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista take a look at this HP support document on Low Disk Space.  The document is for Vista but it will apply to Windows 7.   It has a few steps to help clear up some space. Something else that you can try is backing up your files and then seeing if you can do a System Restore which would bring it back to defaults and restore the partition.

What operating system are you using?  What is the product number for your notebook?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation